M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Digital 1 DJ's general discussion Message Board.

Moderator: rmmix

M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Postby Jeff's Jukebox » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:45 am

Hi
I am setting up my PCDJ and need some help. I can’t get (fast track pro out ¾) to come up in config editor hardware, only get (fast track pro out 1/2.)?

Gateway M-6862
Windows Vista Home Premium
64- Bit Operating System
PCDJ Red VRM
M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Thanks
JEFF’S JUKEBOX
Jeff's Jukebox

Postby DJ-cyberlegend » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:13 am

Do you have the new drivers installed? The original WDM driver won't work right under Vista.
PCDJ DEX on ASUS Laptop with Windows 7 Professional
American Audio DP2 Controller/Sound Card
M-Audio Fast Track Pro Sound Card for backup

Follow me on Twitter
Facebook
I have no karma - I had to get rid of my karma, because it runned over my dogma....

DJ-cyberlegend

Postby Jeff's Jukebox » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:21 am

Yes. I installed the new Vista 64 drivers from M-Audio.com.
Jeff's Jukebox

Postby DJ-cyberlegend » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:41 am

At the very bottom of the drop-down list is where the Output 3&4 option should be, if it's not in the list then it won't work under Vista, there have been a few posts about this problem. The VRM products only work with WDM drivers, which Vista handles differently from the way XP does. Hopefully someone has the FTP working under Vista and can chime in.

Follow me on Twitter
Facebook
I have no karma - I had to get rid of my karma, because it runned over my dogma....

DJ-cyberlegend

Postby Jeff's Jukebox » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:20 am

CYBERLEGEND1974
Fast Track ¾ is not in the drop down at all. I see you are using the fast track pro? Is that with XP, and how dose it work with XP. I am currently working with CD’s but I would like to convert to using my computer.
Jeff's Jukebox

Postby DJ-cyberlegend » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:34 pm

Jeff's Jukebox wrote:CYBERLEGEND1994
Fast Track ¾ is not in the drop down at all. I see you are using the fast track pro? Is that with XP, and how dose it work with XP. I am currently working with CD’s but I would like to convert to using my computer.

Yes - I am using XP. Since Vista handles WDM/DirectSound drivers differently from the way XP does, a lot of multi-channel sound cards won't work properly in Vista. The only way multi-channel sound cards will work properly in Vista is in ASIO mode, which is not supported by any of the VRM products.

If no one here with Vista and a FTP can help, you may want to try contacting M-Audio's support staff. Unfortunately, I don't have any systems with Vista to test this on. There's a sticky in the FX and the Red & Blue VRM forums with a link to a tutorial from M-Audio to set up the FTP on XP.

If you can create a second partition on your system's hard drive and install XP on it, that would work, otherwise you may have to look into downgrading your system from Vista to XP, as a few on these forums have done.

Follow me on Twitter
Facebook

DJ-cyberlegend

Postby brandonjames69 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:10 am

use the spdif selection for outputting 3 & 4. Make sure the knob on the front is turned all the way to the right.
PCDJ Tech Support Director
brandonjames69

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION