Problems with Songs stopping

Digital 1 DJ's Forum for RED MOBILE 2

Problems with Songs stopping

Postby fnlsingingdj » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:24 am

Just got a new ASUS Laptop and then purchased and installed Red Mobile on it, did not have a chance to play with it much before my gig other than load up the songs I needed. I used it for the first time this weekend and when I got to my gig I started the program up and when I loaded songs into it and tried to play them the player on the right hand side will only play about 6 seconds of the song and then the sound fades away but the track keeps playing. Also, when I try to load songs from other folders into different players, I get the spinning wheel of death, not always but way to many times.

Thank God I had my old Acer with me running PCDJ Blue, I ended up using that the rest of the night. Very frustrated and concerned about this new program.

The computer is an Asus Laptop / Intel® Core™ i3 Processor / 15.6" Display / 4GB Memory / 640GB Hard Drive. It is a lot better computer than the Acer I ended up using to get through the gig. Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.
fnlsingingdj

Re: Problems with Songs stopping

Postby PCDJ Ryan » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Hello, seems you're experiencing some weird issues there, never heard of any issue remotely close to hearing 6 seconds and it fading off into the sunset...

Make sure you're running 1.1 of RED Mobile and not 2.0, as the initial reports after we publicly launched it were not nearly as favorable as they were in beta testing. It was subsequently pulled down, and 1.1, the last very stable public release, went back up for the time being. Please download it here:
http://www.pcdj.com/index.php/support/red_mobile

Please advise as to if you still have this problem. I must say I'm not totally clear on the problems, for instance: "also, when I try to load songs from other folders into different players, I get the spinning wheel of death, not always but way to many times." Can you possibly explain this in more detail? Furthermore, are you adding your important music folders as favorites first? Using the add favorite feature? This is how you nest your groups/folders permanently, and RM will add the files to the searchable tag cache at this time.

Let me know, thanks!
Ryan
PCDJ.com

Check out our partner IDJPool, the DJ Record Pool for pro's that includes all music genre's for only $49 a month! http://www.pcdj.com/idjpool/
PCDJ Ryan

Postby fnlsingingdj » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:28 pm

Ryan,

Thanks for your quick response and sorry for not knowing how to explain it all very well. I have the same version that you sent me the link for, I got it from MIke at PCDJ last week. I added all of the folders from my external hard drive as favorites so it would mimmick what I was used to in PCDJ Blue where all of the folders I needed were always there at my command, that program was awesome and it saved my butt this past weekend.

I have been using Blue on 3 computers for over 5 years and I have had a few issues with it but nothing like what I had go on with Red Mobile. It was very embarressing when the songs kept fading away, I couldn't figure out what was going on. I could get the player on the left to play just fine but when I loaded a song into the right player, it played for 6 seconds and the sound just faded out but the player kept spinning.

I have been messing around with the program tonight and I was clicking around on stuff and when I clicked on the little headphones icon the song that the sound faded out on after playing for 6 seconds started producing sound again, but I don't understand why that happened or if it is right.

The spinning wheel is a "not responding" issue and it happens when I try to do to many other things while the program is playing music, like search for a song or jump around folders. I had that problem with Blue but I associated it with not enough ram in my old Acer. I have 4 gigs in this thing and it has the new i3 processor so it blows that Acer out of the water memory and speedwise. I thought for sure my life was going to be grand with this new setup.

If there is anything you can tell me to try, I would appreciate it, I love the looks of the program, just not crazy about all the weird crap that is going on.
fnlsingingdj

Postby PCDJ Ryan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:59 am

I would put in a support ticket now in regards to these issues: www.pcdj.com/contactsupport

I'm a little stumped. I have a lesser machine and have not experienced anything remotely similar. Please post the issues to support so they can assist asap.

Thanks!
Ryan
PCDJ.com

Check out our partner IDJPool, the DJ Record Pool for pro's that includes all music genre's for only $49 a month! http://www.pcdj.com/idjpool/
PCDJ Ryan

Postby jpdj50 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:10 pm

I have had Red mobile since monday nite, Im just now getting, if one side is not playing could be the fade button is on wwrong side, also I learned how to do the cases and the shuffle and build a folder, once you get the translation from VRM to his Im pretty sure we all will love it, also it does have a better sound.
jpdj50

Postby mrmet15 » Mon May 23, 2011 2:21 pm

fnlsingingdj wrote:Ryan,

Thanks for your quick response and sorry for not knowing how to explain it all very well. I have the same version that you sent me the link for, I got it from MIke at PCDJ last week. I added all of the folders from my external hard drive as favorites so it would mimmick what I was used to in PCDJ Blue where all of the folders I needed were always there at my command, that program was awesome and it saved my butt this past weekend.

I have been using Blue on 3 computers for over 5 years and I have had a few issues with it but nothing like what I had go on with Red Mobile. It was very embarressing when the songs kept fading away, I couldn't figure out what was going on. I could get the player on the left to play just fine but when I loaded a song into the right player, it played for 6 seconds and the sound just faded out but the player kept spinning.

I have been messing around with the program tonight and I was clicking around on stuff and when I clicked on the little headphones icon the song that the sound faded out on after playing for 6 seconds started producing sound again, but I don't understand why that happened or if it is right.

The spinning wheel is a "not responding" issue and it happens when I try to do to many other things while the program is playing music, like search for a song or jump around folders. I had that problem with Blue but I associated it with not enough ram in my old Acer. I have 4 gigs in this thing and it has the new i3 processor so it blows that Acer out of the water memory and speedwise. I thought for sure my life was going to be grand with this new setup.

If there is anything you can tell me to try, I would appreciate it, I love the looks of the program, just not crazy about all the weird crap that is going on.

What OS is on the old Acer vs the new Acer.. What sound card are you using...
mrmet15

Return to PCDJ RED MOBILE 2