Suggestions on uplighting?

All general DJ Topics. Code within posts is enabled. Pictures larger than 500 Pixels Wide will be Removed/Moderated.

Moderators: Country Boy, Dwight

Suggestions on uplighting?

Postby dmdj » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:28 pm

I know the bpoards seems a little slower here of late but hopefully i can get some good responses. I am looking to add uplighting in the near future. would like some recommendations. Not really to interested in the battery powered ones i don't think. Just a good led uplight that won't break the bank but will do the job. I mostly play where the ceiling are 8-9 feet in height. give me a brand and model number please. i assume i will need some sort of controller as well... Thanks
dmdj
PCDJ Aficionado

Re: Suggestions on uplighting?

Postby mercury » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:02 am

We're happy with the Cauvet SlimPar 56... nice range... small footprint (important for tight areas like behind bridal table or small venues)... easy DMX controller or stand alone.... switching between several colors... easy to daisychain without needing extra wall outlets.
You'll find some nice discounts for multi-packs on ebay.
mercury

Postby dmdj » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:03 pm

thanks for the reply. appreciate it. Anyone else?
dmdj
PCDJ Aficionado

Postby PCDJ Ryan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Not to steer people away from the forums, but for uplighting convo's etc - you may be better off posting to some of the DJ groups on Facebook. instant feedback from many, which is why forums in general are a dying breed!

Here's a list of some good Facebook groups for DJs:
http://www.pcdj.com/facebook-groups-for-djs/
Ryan
PCDJ.com

Check out our partner IDJPool, the DJ Record Pool for pro's that includes all music genre's for only $49 a month! http://www.pcdj.com/idjpool/
PCDJ Ryan

Postby cmbmusic » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:56 pm

The ADJ VPAR, Mega Profile Plus, or Mega Tri Par Plus would probably be a good fit for you.

The VPar has quad RGBA leds. The Mega TRi is RGB and UV. The Mega Par is RGB UV. If you are interested PM me with the number of lights you want and I'll give you a quote. I'm an ADJ dealer.
cmbmusic
PCDJ Aficionado

Postby dmdj » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:34 pm

thank you all. i will check the facebook page too. I am looking for 10 uplights and a controller. cmbmusic pm me
dmdj
PCDJ Aficionado

Postby LynneMcda » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:28 am

That's sounds very good. Great information.
Thanks for your sharing. :laugh:
LynneMcda

Return to THE DJ BOOTH