new here please help

Post any issues with PCDJ VJ here

new here please help

Postby solarsound roadshow » Sun May 23, 2010 2:52 pm

after 3 years successfully using a denon hd2500 and denon cd players i thought it was time to move up a gear.

i purchased an ex demo unit from pcdj all in a flightcase.touch screen monitor andd denon 4500 unit..

at home playing and using it for a week i thought it was time to try it on the 1st live gig a school prom..

set up and fired everything thing up..then came the message the skin you are trying to use has a higher resolution than your monitor.

then it says error in the asio sound card,but everythings been fine all week and nothing has changed.

i have tried all settings and it says they are operating correctly,but the vj program will not open so i can check settings.

the denon asio screen will also not allow me to change/check settings

on this particular gig after a trip back home to get my hd2500 unit i only managed to play for an hour and had to give the venue a refund..

i have been trying and trying all day but nothing works..

can anyone please help me with what is going wrong..many thanks

dunno if this will work but heres the link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320527451283&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
solarsound roadshow

Postby cmbmusic » Sun May 23, 2010 5:24 pm

The screen resolution error happens when your screen resolution is higher than 1028, and the skin has to be stretched. But, VJ should still open and function. The asio message means that the asio card is selected in VJ, but is not being detected on startup of VJ. So when you press OK, the screen should still open VJ.

If you cannnot get VJ to open, change the screen resolution to 1028 or something close and try to open VJ until you don't get the higher res message. Then go to the setup menu, and change your sound card settings from the asio card to simple and use with your internal sound card. This should allow you to use the program without the controller. After making those changes, close VJ. Then make sure your hc4500 is connected to the system with the USB cable. Then re-open VJ. Then re-open VJ, go back into the setup menu, change your sound card settings back to asio, then on the remote tab, make sure the hc4500 is activated.
Casey Brown
cmbmusic

Postby solarsound roadshow » Mon May 24, 2010 2:42 pm

cmbmusic wrote:The screen resolution error happens when your screen resolution is higher than 1028, and the skin has to be stretched. But, VJ should still open and function. The asio message means that the asio card is selected in VJ, but is not being detected on startup of VJ. So when you press OK, the screen should still open VJ.

If you cannnot get VJ to open, change the screen resolution to 1028 or something close and try to open VJ until you don't get the higher res message. Then go to the setup menu, and change your sound card settings from the asio card to simple and use with your internal sound card. This should allow you to use the program without the controller. After making those changes, close VJ. Then make sure your hc4500 is connected to the system with the USB cable. Then re-open VJ. Then re-open VJ, go back into the setup menu, change your sound card settings back to asio, then on the remote tab, make sure the hc4500 is activated.

hi many thanks for the reply,i changed the resolution to the lowest setting and still vj wont work,the vj tab appears at the lower bottom 0f the screen to the right of the windows startup button but if you click on it nothing happens....
solarsound roadshow

Postby cmbmusic » Mon May 24, 2010 4:52 pm

ok so what has changed from the time you were testing the system at home to when you took it to a show?

Sometimes if the resolution is off and you minimize the program it can get stuck and it may take 6 clicks or so to get it to maximize. But it should always open up maximized after opening the program for the first time.
Casey Brown
cmbmusic

Postby solarsound roadshow » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:14 pm

hi...pcdj managed to sort the prob out remotely over tinternet..

the screen had reset the resolutions so the pcdj appeared 4 times bigger than normal but didnt appear on the monitor screen.

thanks for your input
solarsound roadshow

Return to VJ Troubleshooting