Automation crisis...

Digital 1 DJ's forum for the PCDJ DMX intelligent lighting control software.

Moderator: online4u

Automation crisis...

Postby Manford » Tue May 26, 2009 9:58 pm

OK, small bit of a crisis here... show is coming up on Saturday night.

I'm attempting to run an event list with the MidiTrigger2 app, and it is working well.

When I try to activate LivePanel to use the same app, I get the error message "The specified Midi Input could not be opened. It may be in use by another application." I know it is in use by the MidiTrigger2 application, but one would think that both the DMX LivePanel and EventList could share the MIDI signal?

Why this is a problem: I have complete control over my show via a Behringer FCB1010 foot controller, however I would like to sync certain chases via audio, by way of the LivePanel. I can use Note controls for the EventViewer, and Control Changes for the LivePanel, but not both at the same time. The FCB1010 has the ability to broadcast both Note and Control changes simultaneously.

Anyone know a way to have both applications use the same MIDI input?

I've tried Midi-Yoke, Midi-OX, LoopBe, with no luck, but this could be setup error. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Manford
Manford

Postby Manford » Wed May 27, 2009 2:35 pm

Question has been fielded by an engineer at ISC, via the forum on that company website.

Looks like the solution is to either 1) pickup a midi-splitter and another USB adapter, to provide two different midi devices
2) repackage the MidiTrigger2 app to incorporate some features of the original Cue Chaser app, which was the inspiration of Live Panel originally.

Ideally, Audio chase ability within the Event List would be a perm fix, but that may have to wait for version 1.5. :laugh:
Manford

Return to PCDJ DMX