Converting .KMA Files to ???

Digital 1 DJ's PCDJ KARAOKI, KJ PRO, and KJ VRM Message Board Only.

Moderators: Biggbronk, Alan Wood

Converting .KMA Files to ???

Postby Mikelly0 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:46 pm

Hi All:)

Just wondered if anyone can help me with this one>

For many years I have been using a karaoke software program called "Hoster" that changes the karaoke files from Mp3+G and CDG's to KMA Files
I have 10's of thousands of files i need to convert back from .kma files back to a file that PCDJ Karaoki can read/use....& then i will buy PCDJ Karaoki to add to my PCDJ RedMobile :jiggy:

It would take me months to manually load via original discs...so i'm looking for a way to convert, i have them all stored on an external hard drive in folders

I'm in a hurry to buy Pcdj Karaoki....All Help Appreciated...i don't mind either if i have to pay something to get a program to convert them safely

Kind Regards
Mike
Adelaide, SA
Mikelly0

Re: Converting .KMA Files to ???

Postby Alan Wood » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:40 am

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately we don’t have a tool to convert KMA back to MP3+g but If you Google 'KMA to MP3+g' you will find several converters that should do the job, however I cannot personally recommend one as I have never used any of them.
Alan Wood

Postby samrinaldi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:08 pm

I am also a long time Hoster user and over the years have developed concerns with support from that company and am looking to possibly convert to PCDJ Karaoki. I am currently trying the Songverter application which is also sold by the same company that creates Hoster. The issues I have run into so far is that Songverter does not convert KMA to MP3-G but it does convert KMA to WAV +G. The down side has been that the file space is around 10x larger than the KMA or MP3-G file formats.

Let me know if you have completed this task or have other options we both could try. I would also be interested in your evaluation between the two products.

I have only been trialing the Karaoki but so far I have the following Pros and Cons:

Pro for Karaoki
- has a report request terminal that would be valuable to use
- interface is easier to use than Hoster with the multiple frames for search, song list, and singer list.
- there is an integrated song purchase capability for songs I don't have.
- the sound reproduction for MP3-G songs I have loaded sounds better than the Hoster sound
- does not have annual charge like hoster to continue to get updates
- there are webinars to help users
- there is a support staff that users can call hoster requires users to use a message forum and does not want to speak with users ever ( this is one of the strongest reasons for my desire to change)

Cons
- I can't find a way to dedupe the Karaoki Song Case
- I don't see where I can create a song book from the songs I have loaded
- does not have a one time upload from a singer option like Hoster
- does not have an automatic crash recovery like Hoster
- song storage requires more space than Hoster
- requires separate program to import songs from CDG
- can't create custom CDG disk for use at other disk based shows
samrinaldi

Postby Alan Wood » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi samrinaldi,

I’m the developer for Karaoki, We always welcome you feedback, and here are some answers to your ‘Cons’

- I can't find a way to dedupe the Karaoki Song Case
At present this function does not exist in Karaoki, however it will be in a future version.

- I don't see where I can create a song book from the songs I have loaded
Right click on the case name that you wish to print, Select the ‘Print Case’ option.

- does not have a one time upload from a singer option like Hoster
True, however this would be fairly easy to add to the singer data screen in the next version so I’ve now added it to my ‘To do’ list.

- does not have an automatic crash recovery like Hoster
Again True, However if a crash should occur Karaoki should retain the singer list when re starter.

- song storage requires more space than Hoster
Karaoki plays zipped or unzipped MP3+G’s, this is the industry standard, you state above that Songverter can only convert you songs to wav+g, we recommend Audiograbber for ripping CDG disks to MP3+g, Audiograbber can also convert the WAV from Songverter to MP3

- requires separate program to import songs from CDG
True, we recommend Audiograbber, It works and it’s free.
Alan Wood

Return to KARAOKI, KJ PRO, and KJ VRM Forum