PCDJ KARAOKI Official Update 1-24-11

Digital 1 DJ's PCDJ KARAOKI, KJ PRO, and KJ VRM Message Board Only.

Moderators: Biggbronk, Alan Wood

PCDJ KARAOKI Official Update 1-24-11

Postby PCDJ Ryan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:37 pm

PCDJ KARAOKI Update 0.6.4031 Now Available (Please note, have your license key handy, you will need to unlock this new release using it - make sure you put it in capitalized. You code will work again for three independent installations):
http://www.pcdj.com/index.php/support/karaoki_support/

Some key release notes:

New security to fix possible reactivation with uniloc
New Integrated Karaoke Locker.com store
Improved Search
Improved Fill-Music Player (BGM)
Multi file drop (From Explorer) in main case and rotation lists.
“Mark Track In Player As Bad” Function added.
Adjustable “End Silence Detection Time”
More naming conventions supported
More ‘Control-Key’ keyboard shortcuts/Foot Pedal functions added

Enjoy!
Ryan
PCDJ.com

Check out our partner IDJPool, the DJ Record Pool for pro's that includes all music genre's for only $49 a month! http://www.pcdj.com/idjpool/
PCDJ Ryan

Re: PCDJ KARAOKI Official Update 1-24-11

Postby Alan Wood » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:22 am

A small number of users are experiencing a crash when upgrading from a previous version of Karaoki, this is normally fixed by the steps below;

Install Karaoki, Open the 'Karaoki File manager' tool installed with Karaoki (Start > All Programs > PCDJ Karaoki > Karaoki File Manager), click 'Reset' close the tool and restart Karaoki.

If the file manager tool doesn’t have the reset button you are using an old version and you need to re-download the latest version. Should be version 1.0.0.3 and is in the latest installer.
Alan Wood

Postby Diva Divine Karaoke » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm having a few problems with the BGM.

1) Notes from the Karaoki manual (page 11) states that when the BGM is displayed you can search for a song in the BGM. This doesn't work. I know the song is there in the loaded case but it does not show up in the search.

2) Manual (page 18) states that the Default BGM is automatically saved. How do you create a Default BGM? I have all my DJ songs (mp3's) in separate Genre folders. I've created new cases in the BGM for each genre and also playlists for shows. I would like to be able to search through my entire DJ library (regardless of which case is loaded) to find songs that are requested, etc. while I'm DJ'ing a party and be able to add them to the playlist on the spot. Also, it would be nice if there was a "Naming Conversion Option" when importing songs to the BGM like there is in Karaoki. When importing I have to rename the songs manually that aren't named correctly (i.e. Artist-Title), one at a time.

3) When I click "Shuffle" or uncheck it, it shuffles the songs in the list but I receive an error message that says "Invalid File (Save)" and need to click OK or Cancel.

Thanks for any help you can give me on these issues. :wacko:
Diva Divine Karaoke

Postby PCDJ Ryan » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:43 pm

I know we've located the BMG music search issue - there will be a new version on the site for this by Monday. Alan may be able to assist with your other questions/issues.

Thanks!
Ryan
PCDJ.com

Check out our partner IDJPool, the DJ Record Pool for pro's that includes all music genre's for only $49 a month! http://www.pcdj.com/idjpool/
PCDJ Ryan

Postby Alan Wood » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:22 am

Diva Divine Karaoke wrote:1) Notes from the Karaoki manual (page 11) states that when the BGM is displayed you can search for a song in the BGM. This doesn't work. I know the song is there in the loaded case but it does not show up in the search.

As Ryan said, there is a bug in the current released version that stops the BGM search if the genre tags are not set, There should be a new beta to fix this on Monday, this bug also stops the file from saving after searching and could account for Item 3 on this list.

Diva Divine Karaoke wrote:2) Manual (page 18) states that the Default BGM is automatically saved. How do you create a Default BGM? I have all my DJ songs (mp3's) in separate Genre folders. I've created new cases in the BGM for each genre and also playlists for shows. I would like to be able to search through my entire DJ library (regardless of which case is loaded) to find songs that are requested, etc. while I'm DJ'ing a party and be able to add them to the playlist on the spot. Also, it would be nice if there was a "Naming Conversion Option" when importing songs to the BGM like there is in Karaoki. When importing I have to rename the songs manually that aren't named correctly (i.e. Artist-Title), one at a time.

The BGM is designed to run as a single case of automated 'Fill' music, you can load music from multiple sources into the BGM but it is still only a single (default) case, to use just add the tracks using the 'Add Songs' button, the BGM will auto save.
Once created the default case can be 'saved as ...' and re-loaded at a later date, this allows a different case to be loaded at the start of an evening, e.g. if you are doing an event and there are children, gangster rap would not be appropriate.
If you wish to do more than just play fill music between singers you should be running a separate DJ app (DEX /Red Mobile) alongside Karaoki.

Naming conventions where designed for use with zipped MP3+G Karaoke tracks, most Karaoke applications (Inc. Karaoki) can also use name conventions with unzipped MP3+g files, Karaoki can also import the ID3 tag from the MP3 component of the MP3+g files, both zipped and unzipped files are supported but extraction is fairly slow.

Karaoki only uses ID3 tags in the BGM as with mp3's ID3 tags are the standard.

Diva Divine Karaoke wrote:3) When I click "Shuffle" or uncheck it, it shuffles the songs in the list but I receive an error message that says "Invalid File (Save)" and need to click OK or Cancel.

See Item 1 answer.
Alan Wood

Postby Diva Divine Karaoke » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:15 pm

You suggested using another background music player, i.e. Red Mobile, to play music at parties. I have Red Mobile installed but have had nothing but problems with it. I purchased Red Mobile w/ the Karaoki plug-in in March, 2010. Have corresponded with Brandon & Ryan many times regarding some of the issues I was having. One of them being, while Red Mobile was playing in the background or while someone was singing a karaoke song and I searched for a karaoke song the background music would always stutter and/or the karaoke song being played would slow down. They had me download Latency checker, ASIO4all, etc. and also remotely checked my computer settings. Still had the same issues so I stopped using it. Are there updates for Red Mobile that fix the problems I was having?

Is the update available today for the BGM issues?
Diva Divine Karaoke

Postby PCDJ Ryan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:09 pm

Update for Karaoki should post tomorrow, at least a release candidate beta we can post here.

Sounds like you're really low on resources if that's happening when using RED Mobile with Karaoki. We are about to launch a new RED Mobile 2.0 version that uses some different technology that should be lighter on resources - I think we'll have it on the site in the next 2 days, so feel free to test this with the new karaoki version posted tomorrow.
Ryan
PCDJ.com

PCDJ Ryan

Postby Alan Wood » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:15 pm

There have been several updates for Red Mobile since March last year, I don't know if any of them are specifically for this issue as Red mobile is not my project, I suggest you give the latest build a shot.

I was hoping to get a new beta out today but I still have couple of things to address with it before release, however the BGM Search is now fixed.

Hopefully I'll have it for you tomorrow.

Edit: Thanks Ryan, Just seen your post, we must have been typing the same time.

BTW, I've been testing Red Mobile 2.0 with Karaoki, It seems to run much smoother than with the older builds, when using Red-M 2.0 with Karaoki the system load is MUCH lighter on my test systems here.
Alan Wood

Postby Diva Divine Karaoke » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks Ryan & Alan. Will give these a shot when they're released. My resources shouldn't be low. The only thing I'm running on my laptop is the PCDJ program. All background programs are off, no virus software, or auto-updates, etc. I've done everything suggested in the past by Ryan & Brandon as mentioned before, but still had this problem.
Diva Divine Karaoke

Postby PCDJ Ryan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Here is the new KARAOKI build:
http://www.pcdj.com/downloads/karaoki/p ... 6.4049.exe

You can try this with the new RED Mobile 2.0 beta pinned to the top of the PCDJ RED Mobile forum. Let us know if you still have this issue!

Thanks
Ryan
PCDJ.com

PCDJ Ryan

Next

Return to KARAOKI, KJ PRO, and KJ VRM Forum