Red - Music stutters when opening window in vista

Digital 1 DJ's PCDJ RED and BLUE VRM Message Board Only.

Moderators: rmmix, online4u

Red - Music stutters when opening window in vista

Postby rex1030 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:00 pm

Problem:
When I am playing a song in PCDJ and I try to maximize minimize windows explorer windows the music stutters. It does this every time a window is maximized, minimized or opened. It stutters for the duration that the window is opening/closing/maximizing/minimizing.

My computer:
I just installed PCDJ Red VRM on my new computer running vista. I am running the program as administrator and I am running it in compatibility mode for windows 2000. None of this seems to help. Has anyone else had this problem? What is going on? Please help ASAP, got a gig tomorrow night.
rex1030

Postby DJ-cyberlegend » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:46 pm

Do a search for "sound drop" - there are tons of existing threads that can help you with this.
PCDJ DEX on ASUS Laptop with Windows 7 Professional
American Audio DP2 Controller/Sound Card
M-Audio Fast Track Pro Sound Card for backup

Follow me on Twitter
Facebook
I have no karma - I had to get rid of my karma, because it runned over my dogma....

DJ-cyberlegend

Postby rex1030 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:46 pm

Well, I fixed it. I had a bunch of programs running and windows open while I was doing play list maintenance and preparing for the performance tomorrow.

I fixed it by just shutting down all other programs. I also went to task manager and shut down all unnecessary processes. It still bothers me that my computer (core 2 duo, 3 gigs ram, SLI video cards, overclocking mb) can't handle all that stuff open at once and still function right. Like I said it was just when max/minimizing windows so maybe it had something to do with my SLI video cards (graphic thing). Who knows? Thanks to cyber for at least pointing me in the right direction. I never would have thought to call it sound dropping.

Search tags: stuttering , jitter, stutter , clip, vista, sound drop, sound drops
rex1030

Postby DJ-cyberlegend » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:07 am

I see you found the problem - as you found out, the VRM products are very hungry for system resources, it's best if you have them installed on a dedicated PC and keep it off the internet for everything other than Windows updates and that sort of stuff.

As for shutting things down, there's a program called End-It-All that will do that for you in only one or two steps, you can get it here. I use it just before launching FX, works like a charm - it even shuts down the anti-virus scanner.

Other tweaks can be found in this thread, although those tweaks are for XP. I don't have any systems running Vista so I don't know if any of them apply to Vista.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

*EDIT* for additional info - if your music is on your internal drive, you may want to consider moving it to an external drive, especially with the VRM products - that was another cure for a stutter problem I had in the very beginning.
PCDJ DEX on ASUS Laptop with Windows 7 Professional
American Audio DP2 Controller/Sound Card
M-Audio Fast Track Pro Sound Card for backup

Follow me on Twitter
Facebook
I have no karma - I had to get rid of my karma, because it runned over my dogma....

DJ-cyberlegend

Return to PCDJ RED VRM AND BLUE VRM